Saturday 17 November 2012

More road signs . . .

Concept: Conflict between Permanent Sense of Space ( kitchen utensils- symbolising the kitchen ) & Temporary Sense of Space ( roadsigns- symbolising the journey I'm always driving )

I made a series of road signs being obliterated with kitchen utensils- the permanent sense of space obliterating the temporary sense of space. I wanted to show the progression of the obliteration and the confusion between my permanent sense of space and my temporary sense of space so  I had 3 roadsigns of the same kind, the first with no kitchen utensils, the second with a hint of the permanent sense of space encroaching and the third road sign in the series completely obliterated.


Series 1: Teacups on a t-junction
Will I or won't I stop off at Laura's house for a cup of tea on the way home ?




Series 2: Saucepans on a 100km roadsign
No time to cook dinner, 100kms more to drive tonight.









Series 3: Tea cups on an arrow road sign.
No time for tea, have to rush . .  


No comments:

Post a Comment