Saturday 17 November 2012

Ceramic

I started to do a lot of ceramic work. I got some cheap ceramic bowls from Heatons and I started turning the bowls into road signs, again trying to make the permanent transient. I made stencils and used spray paint to turn the kitchen symbols into transient symbols- road signs.














I continued along the same lines. I made a series of plates out of clay. I made tyre marks, road marks, river marks to symbolise the journey, again trying to make the permanent transient. I also made a series of pinch pots out of clay . I carved the road signs into the pinch pots, again trying to make the permanent temporary.











I've had them bisc fired once. I want to draw onthem with ceramic ink ow and then fire them once again and then finally put a clear glaze on to resemble the shiny road signs.



No comments:

Post a Comment