Wednesday 11 April 2012

print elective

The final of the 3 electives I chose was print. The project brief was to look at how objects occupy space in the environment. I looked at my immediate environment- the print room, the college and the kitchen table at home, the places where I was spending most of my time. I took an interest in how manmade objects occupy the space in my environment in particular metal objects, specifically curved objects like the wheels on the printing presses and the curve of the aluminium sugar bowl that is always present on the kitchen table with the teapot.

Some photographs of the printing presses in the print room . . .
printing press wheels



More snapshots of the printing presses







and some photographs of the objects at the kitchen table-sugar bowl and cups . . .












Print demonstrations from print tutor on drypoint etchings and mono print . . . .







































No comments:

Post a Comment