Tuesday 10 April 2012

graphics design part 2: illustrative-She ran like the wind

Week 2: This week our project brief was to represent the metaphor visually. The following are some images I looked at to help inspire this project.







I felt these images were way too stereotypical. Back to the drawing board again. I kept looking at the metaphor: 'She ran like the wind'. I needed to do a different spin on it. Plenty of preparatory work. Thumbnail illustrations playing on the phrase-'she ran like the wind'

This is my finished illustrative piece. The open door& domestic scene implies that she has left in a hurry. The blurry landscape  implies vagueness and uncertainty. The black interior leaves it open to the viewer as to why she has left.

This is my studio space at the end of the 2 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment