Monday 2 January 2012

resin bottle with crockery suspended in it

I experimented with the resin and the crockery. I made a few bottles out of other materials first to see if the cast was working properly. I made some wax bottles and some plaster bottles. I tried suspending some blue bits of resin in the wax but it wasn't translucent so that wasn't the effect I was looking for.
translucent blue resin bottle, made in 2 pieces, stuck together with silicone sealer

old mineral bottle, alongside translucent resin bottle and blue wax bottle with bits of  blue resin suspended in the bottle
old mineral bottle and willow crockery
still making the cast of the old bottle

plaster backing

open silicone cast. I tried making some bottles in 2 pieces and some bottles as one piece.

I was using so much of the college’s resin experimenting that I bought my own gallon of resin. I’ve made a workshop out in the garage with a gallon of resin and loads of old willow crockery that I’m going to start working on that installation of bottles now anyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment